Branding, “Google It” and become the Googled
Who remembers anything anymore? Just “Google it”, Google has become a virtual search index for our brains. So when someone wants to buy a product or service what do they do? Well if they Google it, and most people do, how do they know which result to choose? Usually people just choose the top listing of the search engine results page (SERP), right? Not true, internet shoppers are becoming savvier when it comes to scouring the web, not to mention that there are Pay-Per-Click ads above the results. So how do you market your business on Google?
There are a few ways you can be seen on the SERPs
- Organically Ranked Webpage – Optimize your web presence to achieve a high search ranking.
- Paid Ads Based on Keywords – Bid on Pay-Per-Click ads at the top of the search.
- Organically Ranked Media – Optimize your pictures and video to be seen amongst top searches.
Being at the top of the SERPs is not the only important part of marketing yourself with Google. You definitely want to be on the first page at least but what you also need is branding. Once you have a brand you begin to build trust. Consumers trust images and names that ring a bell. Big brands are everywhere offline, Coca Cola, Pizza Hut, etc. but online you have a chance to actually become one for yourself.
Ways to brand your company
- Creating imagery that is personal to your company
- Playing sounds which can be related to you
- Web design and social media that is unique
Once you have been branded consumers will be able to find you easier on the web. They may even choose your company over the one ranked number one by Google. It all comes down to trust and familiarity. So shine some light on your business and help it grow. Start optimizing your web presence and become branded. The Googler is now the Googled.